Batavia Air Online Booking

Batavia Air - an Indonesian low cost airline from in Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta International Airport), established in 2001. Batavia Air has stopped operations in Jan 2013, before that it served domestic flights to around 30 destinations: to Singapore, China and Malaysia. Batavia Air operated more than 170 flights per day, covering 40 destinations in Indonesia and abroad. Batavia "will continue to seek strategic partners to develop the business”. Most popular destinations were Jakarta, Bali - Denpasar, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Medan.

. .

Fly Asia Cheap - Cheap flight tickets from Europe to Asia

Until January 31, 2013, Batavia Air operated domestic flights to around 42 destinations and several nearby regional international destinations, and Saudi Arabia. Its main base was Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta. Batavia Air was listed in category 1 on the Indonesian Civil Aviation Authority airline safety rating.


On January 31, 2013, at 12:00 local time, Batavia Air ceased operations after the Central Jakarta Regional Court granted a bankruptcy appeal by ILFC, the international aircraft lessor, saying that the airline owed US$4,68 million in debts, a debt that Batavia Air failed to repay after a series of financial difficulties.

Cheap Tiger Air flights


Batavia Air - Flights to EU

Batavia Air was one of the few Indonesian carriers which have been given the approval to fly and land in the territories listed by the European Union. The airline was also listed in the first category with respect to flight safety within Indonesian domestic transportation regulation.

In July 26, 2012, AirAsia and Batavia Air issued a joint statement revealing an intention to proceed with a buy out of the airline by Malaysia's AirAsia Bhd for $80 million. The planned buy out was to be in two stages; first, AirAsia was to buy 76.95% shares in a partnership with Fersindo Nusaperkasa, its Indonesian business unit operating Indonesia AirAsia. By 2013, AirAsia was to acquire the remaining 23.05% held by other shareholders.

Batavia Air - Fly Beautiful Indonesia